We are currently recruiting for Technical Field Managers for our work in India.
If interested, please send your CV, cover letter, and a short writing sample (2 pages or less) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the cover letter how you heard about this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please indicate “India Technical FM Position” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Dimagi’s Field Managers are the main drivers in implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, making things work in trying environments, and developing solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives.
As a Technical Field Manager, you will be based out of Delhi and travel extensively in India to deploy CommCare, a mobile phone application for frontline workforces. We have an impressive range of partner organizations, ranging from nonprofits to government programs, across 15 states in India. You will join our global team of Field Managers and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in New Delhi. Within your first two years, you will also have at least one opportunity to travel internationally, either to a different country office or for international project work.
- Needs assessments and technology requirements definition for last-mile service delivery projects
- Development of mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mHealth platform, CommCare
- Solution design on CommCare based on project-specific functionality and data needs
- Inform platform refinements and roadmap by channeling field user feedback to Dimagi’s software developers
- Training groups of users how to use the tool effectively
- Technical and programmatic support and monitoring of project activity
- Data analysis and development of data analysis tools and reports to ensure that the information gathered by our mobile tool is meaningful and actionable to our partners
- Technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids
- Development of software test plans, as well as load testing and quality assurance (QA) of our mobile phone tools
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in computer science, engineering, information technology, or related – or equivalent work experience
- Experience with relational databases1 – 4+ years of cumulative work experience
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Able to juggle many things at once and able to get things done
- Flexible and able to wear many hats / take on multiple roles
- Interested and able to work in a multi-cultural, distributed, and international team setting
- Fluency in Hindi or another Indian language
Note that experience with programming mobile phones is NOT a requirement, since Dimagi tools allow applications to be built by system administrators through a user-friendly web interface.
- Quantitative data management and data analysis skills
- Knowledge of web technologies like HTML, PHP or Python
- Knowledge of the complete software development lifecycle
- Experience working in India
- Desire to make a social impact
- Fluency in French, Portuguese, Burmese, or Spanish is an asset
Is this the right position for me?
The ideal candidate is interested in understanding what makes technology work in practice in low-resource settings. This person is able to self-organize and self-manage, thrives on the intricacy and challenge of application design and project management, enjoys travel and fieldwork, and functions at a high level when interacting with partners. This person is detail-oriented and comfortable with mobile tools and, if she does not have software development experience already, has at least been exposed to the software development process. While we require a 24-month commitment for this position, employment at Dimagi is open ended. This makes it a great position for someone seeking to build a career in international development.
All first-year Field Managers receive a salary that covers their living expenses for the year, including food, housing, travel, and leisure activities, encouraging a ‘frugal but comfortable’ lifestyle. All project travel is also reimbursed. Technical Field Managers will receive a significant salary increase in their second year, as well as have the option to take on increased responsibility in their long-term careers. Dimagi is very flexible in terms of growth and career progression, and is often able to accommodate people’s interests in defining their current and future roles.
Other Job Perks
- Do you like travel? You will get significant travel experiences, often to very off-the-beaten-path locations (where the real work happens). You will also get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
- Extensive onboarding. This includes 1 – 2 weeks of training, followed by shadowing on existing projects, location depending on project availability.
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
- If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
- ‘Personal Initiative Days’. This is blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
- Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.