Dimagi is seeking a Financial Associate candidate with problem solving skills and a background in accounting or finance to support our Cambridge office.
The position is available immediately. If interested, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com and indicate “Financial Associate” in the subject line of your email.
The Financial Associate manages a broad spectrum of functions including day-to-day management of financial accounts, bill processing and raising invoices, processing payroll, reviewing expense reports, project financial reporting, and coordinating with external auditors. As a member of the global Finance team, this role also requires additional ongoing coordination with colleagues based in other country offices. The Financial Associate will report directly to the Director of Finance, also based in Cambridge, MA.
Dimagi offers a casual working environment with flexible work hours. Dimagi currently has other offices in Cape Town, South Africa; New Delhi, India; Dakar, Senegal; as well as permanent staff based in Myanmar, Zambia, Guatemala, and Mozambique. While this position is based in Cambridge, there is potential international travel from time to time to other country offices based on business needs. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization and exact compensation will vary by level of experience.
- Bill Processing and Vendor Payments
- Reviewing Employee Expense Reports
- Raising Invoices
- Preparing accurate and timely Financial Reports
- Coordinating with external accountants for annual A-133 audit and taxes
- Preparing and Triggering Payroll
- Working with Director of Finance on Financial Models
- Coordinating with Country Office Finance Teams
- Managing External Bookkeepers Cases
- Develop solutions to resolve accounting discrepancies and other financial problems/issues
Ideal candidates would:
- Have a BA/BS Degree with experience in Accounting or Finance
- Be computer savvy, highly organized, highly detail-oriented
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Familiarity with financial accounting software (e.g. Quickbooks, Intacct, etc.)
- Familiarity with Expense Reporting and Payroll Software (ADP, Gusto, Expensify, Etc.)
- Familiarity with Skype, Dropbox, and wiki’s a plus
- Have the ability to pick up on new computer software programs such as Salesforce
- Be Familiar with A-133 Financial Audits and Requirements
- Familiarity with USAID and NIH Grant Invoicing
- Be intellectually curious individual with a passion for problem-solving and an ability to identify and lead on priority operations tasks
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and wear many hats at once
- Possesses the abilities to self-organize, self-manage, and work with a team
- Enjoy working in a young, collegiate, and collaborative environment, and wants to contribute to an organization trying to make a difference in International Development
- Want to work for a social enterprise with long-term employment in operations
Other Job Perks
- Do you like travel? Our Operations team has the opportunity for occasional travel to our various country offices.
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Town and Dakar.
- If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one roundtrip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
- ‘Personal Initiative Days’. This is blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
- Excellent health and retirement benefits: 30 days of paid time off, flexible working schedule, 401k, etc.