Cambridge, MA, United States
Sales Development InternshipApply Now
Sales Development Internship
Cambridge, MA, United States
Growth Team - Full-time
Dimagi is hiring an impact-driven Sales Development Intern for summer 2018 and we’d love to hear from you.
The Sales Development Intern will join, learn from, and work closely with Dimagi’s sales and marketing teams to help connect people with our software solutions and make an impact on their lives. You’ll be perfect for this role if you’re a recent graduate or currently pursuing a Bachelors in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Business, or a related discipline.
But more importantly, you’ll love this internship if you are looking to gain hands-on experience at a growing tech startup and want to experience life at a mission-driven B Corp (hint: we love what we do). We’ll train you on our sales and marketing processes, and you’ll build the skills needed for a successful career in the technology startup sector.
This position is a 3-month internship starting in June 2018. Ideally we’re looking for someone who can work 40 hours/week, but are open to part-time work for the right candidate. We work out of Dimagi’s HQ office in Cambridge, MA and are flexible with remote work if needed.
Dimagi is a social enterprise and technology startup focused on making an impact globally. Our product, CommCare, assists the world’s most underserved and hard-to-reach communities in health, agriculture, education, and beyond through innovative data management products. CommCare is used around the world in more than 60 countries, and our dedicated team works towards our mission from around the world—our HQ in Cambridge, MA as well as regional offices in South Africa, India, and Senegal.
We’re looking for someone who gets excited by helping people in need, from communities in Sub-Saharan Africa to rural India, and making an impact through their work.
Sales Development is a key part of Dimagi’s sales pipeline and is a critical bridge between our marketing and sales teams. The person in this role will split their time between inbound lead qualification and outbound sales outreach. As an inbound qualifier, this role will be responsible for reaching out to our users soon after they begin trialing CommCare. As an outbound representative, the role will support our prospecting sales efforts through research and development of new leads and organizations.
This role requires excellent organizational skills and a high level of energy—we’re seeking someone who enjoys connecting with users, exudes a positive attitude, and cares deeply about making an impact through their work. We are testing new sales strategies, and this is an exciting time to join our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Execute on Sales Development efforts in the outbound and lead qualifying stages of our sales process.
- Research and identify new contacts at companies who are ideally suited to benefit from our products.
- Research and contact our inbound leads to identify opportunities for our sales team and schedule followup meetings.
- Manage your work using Salesforce and other marketing + sales tools and technologies.
- Gather learnings on our users and their experience with our product and share your knowledge with the larger team.
- Proactively identify ways to improve our sales process.
Who You Are:
- Recent graduate or rising junior / senior of a degree program in Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Business, or a related discipline.
- Interested in social impact business—our core customer sectors are international development, public health, and agriculture.
- Love for learning and using new technology—you will need to have excellent knowledge of our product offerings and Salesforce to manage the Sales process.
- A self-described independent, persistent, and highly motivated person—It’ll be up to you to effectively reach and excite our prospective customers.
- Confident with both phone and written conversations—you’ll be using Skype, Live Chat, email, and other tools to communicate with our prospects (potentially to include cold calling)
- “People person” energized by connecting with others.