Global Services Team
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Senior Technical Project Manager - DSAApply Now
Senior Technical Project Manager - DSA
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Global Services Team - Full-time
Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, whip-smart, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want you to join us on the next leg of our journey!
Who You Are:
Dimagi is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) to be based in Cape Town, South Africa. The STPM at Dimagi blends technical design, consulting and project management skills to deliver our largest and most impactful projects. Dimagi’s Cape Town team has partnerships with international non-profit organizations to implement national digital health systems which will involve the design, development and large scale deployment of mobile applications and data dashboards for community health programs. This position is based in the Global Services team.
What You’ll Do:
- Project Delivery: You will be in charge of managing large projects end-to-end, providing strong leadership both internally and externally. You will be in charge managing teams, their organization, workload, budget and efficiency. You will be accountable for scope management, timelines and deliverables. You will be setting the standard for methodologies, tools and quality across all dimensions. As a senior member of the Global Services team you will also manage external facing relationships with project partners and government institutions, and adapt project roadmaps accordingly.
- Technical Design: You will leverage your technical expertise in order to guarantee excellent application design, balancing scale, maintainability and complexity. You will set the standards for technical documentation, testing processes, and ensure that application design is in line with the business requirements of our partners. You will mentor junior members of your team and support their technical skills growth. You will be in contact with our Global Product Management team to continuously improve CommCare and participate in priority setting.
- Strategy: Working on our biggest projects, you will support both South African Management and regional Business Development teams to design and execute Dimagi’s country strategies in the region.
What You Must Bring
- 8 + years of experience, specifically at least 5 years of experience managing large technical projects end-to-end (software is a plus)
- BSc/B. in Computer Science or other technical field
- Demonstrated expertise in collecting and managing requirements from different stakeholders and delivering against those
- Must be technically savvy and enjoy the design process to build applications that meet business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated experience working in and coordinating diverse teams
- Demonstrated self-starter and fearlessly self-accountable
- Demonstrated reliability to deliver on time, and ability to have successfully completed multiple, complex projects
- Demonstrated strong leadership
- Ability understand the technology and to drive technical conversations, even with no-technical parties
- Strong negotiation skills with clients and government stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with Fluency in English
- Interest in making a social impact
- Eligible to work in South Africa
- Leadership experience in the adoption of best practices
- Product management or development experience
- Consulting experience delivering enterprise software implementations or other technical field
- Experience working directly with governments
- Experience implementing projects using Agile
- Experience with ICT4D or mHealth
- Experience in Public Health
- Working proficiency in Portuguese
- Experience in data analysis
If interested, please apply directly through our website. The application deadline is May 25th, 2018.
As a mission driven social enterprise, the position comes with a starting salary that is probably below what you could get working at a larger corporation, and exact compensation varies based on experience. If income is the primary goal for you, Dimagi may not be a good fit. However, we do aim to offer the best benefits possible, including 100% employer sponsored medical insurance , Employees’ Retirement Fund, a stock option plan, access to a flex time policy that allows for employees to work based on a flexible work schedule, 30 days paid time off/holiday, 10 personal initiative days and opportunities to travel internationally, to name a few.