Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good and ICT4D space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
The Business Development Associate DSI will be joining our Business Development team in Delhi, India, based in our Vasant Vihar Office. You will be responsible for liaising with mid and senior level management of multiple international development associations to plan the largest and most impactful global development projects at the inception stage. You will help serve our traditional clients on short notice, provide expert advisement on costs and feasibility of their projects, and serve to enable our global team to work more efficiently by bringing new perspectives to current internal business processes.
In this exciting role, you will report to the Partnership and Development Manager based in Boston. You should have excellent organizational skills and be able to facilitate complex partnerships within very tight deadlines. Persistent friendliness when dealing with complicated partnerships is a must to be successful in this role. Ideally, you’ll have a familiarity with government contracting (USAID, CDC, DFID or otherwise) in the international aid sector. You should have excellent writing and research skills, good analytical reasoning and a keen attention to detail.
What You’ll Do:
You will help with various business development and partnership development tasks including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence:, forecast information on upcoming RFPs and funding opportunities for all major funding agencies and all sectors pertinent to the South Asian region. Help develop different collaterals that are country specific for the geographical priorities (2-pagers) by providing relevant information to the communications team.
- Prospecting: Identify different leads and opportunities within new potential geographical regions, as well as identifying important conferences, workshops or networking spaces in the region pertinent to ICT4D.
- Account Management: Work with select partners to create actionable partnerships and new project opportunities. Plan and execute multi-day trips to engage with as many partners as possible in a new geography, following up with new partners as needed.
- Opportunity Management: Supporting different competitive RFPs and opportunities through the completion of partnership packages when needed Selling Dimagi’s professional services offerings directly to clients and partners.
- Supporting our Global Business Development teams on:
- Refining partnership collateral and help giving structure to country specific information as needed.
- Generating analysis and reports from our Salesforce data, both one-off requests and managing recurring processes.
- Maintaining our Business Development Knowledge Management (wiki, website, study cases, country specific examples)
- Providing support to other country office partnerships as needed and appropriate
What You Must Bring:
- A strong desire to make a social impact
- At least 2 years of experience in business development or sales, preferably within social sector
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development, or related studies, OR equivalent experience in the global health field
- Comfort with analytical tasks such as understanding and manipulating complex excel workbooks and budgets.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or equivalent CRM (or the ability to become highly proficient quickly.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- A strong ability and comfort-level with working and problem solving independently
- High reliability, ability to self-direct, and resourcefulness
- Ability to juggle many priorities at once with strong dependability and follow-up
- A strong process improvement mindset to automate and optimize routine
- Comfort working in a small team as part of a larger office. Our Corporate HQ is in Boston and our team in India is growing.
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in Hindi and other Indian languages
- Past experience with SalesForce
- Past experience with DevEx
- Past experience with creating visually appealing collateral (e.g. Photoshop or related programs)
- Local Indian connections in the social sector
- Familiarity with the ICT4D sector as a whole
Additional information and job perks:
- Social impact focused company
- Exposure to the world of international development and mobile software. Will include exposure to our field work
- Competitive vacation policy - 30 days paid time off per year
- Health and travel insurance - Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for Dimagi India staff and insurance on business trips.
- Other employee benefits (Provident fund, daily lunch provided, gym membership co-payment)
- Ability to work remotely when needed
- ‘Personal Initiative Days’. This is blocked off time, outside of work responsibilities, to come up with tangible outputs of impactful ideas that align with your job.
About Dimagi: Founded in 2002, Dimagi is a software company that develops technology to improve service delivery in underserved communities around the world. Dimagi operates on the belief that enabling high-quality mobile solutions at scale can impact millions of people’s lives by transforming frontline programs’ ability to deliver high-value services at the last mile. Active in 50+ countries, Dimagi’s technology platform CommCare and services have supported 500+ projects and hundreds of diverse partners, including governmental ministries, the United Nations, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Google, Microsoft, Dannon, Harvard and many others. Our 100-person team is based in offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts (HQ), New Delhi, Cape Town, and Dakar, with additional staff around the world. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation, reflecting our commitment to making an impact.