Dimagi’s innovative open-source mobile technology improves the health and well-being of underserved populations in over 50 countries. We are a small, diverse, dedicated team and we LOVE what we do! At Dimagi, we care about impact, team satisfaction, and profit (in that order). Do you share in these values? Have a strong desire to work in the technology-for-good space? If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
This position is for a Business Development Associate based in Dimagi’s new Washington DC office located in Arlington, Virginia. In this exciting, career-enhancing role, you will report to the Partnership and Development Manager. You should have excellent organizational skills and be able to facilitate large-scale partnerships within very tight deadlines. Persistent friendliness when dealing with complicated partnerships is a must to be successful in this role. Ideally, you’ll have an understanding of government contracting (USAID or otherwise) in the international aid sector.
What You’ll Do:
The candidate will help with various business development and partnership development tasks including but not limited to:
- Pipeline maintenance and development
- Intelligence gathering on USAID procurements
- Finding appropriate partners and arranging meetings
- Supporting large-scale bids and opportunities through the competition of partnership packages (PPRs, 1420 biodata’s, technical narratives, etc.)
- Refining partnership collateral and developing our voice for partners
- Supporting our regional business units in Senegal, South Africa, India and Guatemala.
- Developing and maintaining business systems for pre and post award data.
Who You Must Be:
- 2 years of relevant experience, or in-lieu of work history, excellent academic credentials and relevant internships
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in business administration, public health, or international development
- Comfort with analytical tasks
- Familiarity with tools such as DevEx, Salesforce, Excel, and Google Apps
- An understanding of the ICT4D sector as a whole
- Language skills: English is mandatory; fluency in French, Hindi, Burmese, Portuguese or Spanish desirable
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Able to juggle many things at once
- A strong desire to make a social impact.
We offer a casual work environment with flexible hours. Given our social mission, our budgeted salary scale is more in-line with that of a non-profit organization and exact compensation will vary by level of experience. If interested in this or any other Dimagi opportunity, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.