Of this year’s 35 sessions at the mHealth Summit’s Global mHealth Forum, 11 will feature presentations by Dimagi staff or partners about implementing Dimagi technology.
The annual mHealth Summit outside of Washington DC is the largest mobile health conference in the world. This is the first year that the Summit will be holding a co-located event (the Global mHealth Forum) on December 10th and 11th focused on mobile and connected health in low and middle income countries.
Twelve members of the Dimagi team will be attending the Global mHealth Forum, four of whom will be presenting at different sessions, including:
- Jonathan Jackson [Bio] will talk about how organizations can leverage economies of scale with MOTECH Suite in his session entitled “What does mHealth Really Cost? Understanding the Question.“
- Neal Lesh [Bio] will be discussing Dimagi’s work in redesigning the partograph on the “Different Design Approaches for Electronic Partographs and Others Tools to Support Intrapartum Care” panel.
- Mohini Bhavsar [Bio] will join five other panelists on the “Pushing the Envelope: Innovative Approaches in Global Health” panel to talk about innovative technology design in global health.
- Gillian Javetski [Bio] will give a brief talk about mHealth challenges and lessons learned in Wednesday evening’s “Harder than It Looks” lightning talk.
Several sessions will feature presentations by our partners, including JSI, Intrahealth International, World Vision, Catholic Relief Services, and Pathfinder, who will be talking about implementing our mHealth solutions in their programs. These include the following sessions:
- Systematic Methods and Principles for Designing, Implementing and Scaling mHealth
- mHealth Services: Localization for Success
- Harder than it looks: Lightning talks
- Speed Networking
- Your phone is your wallet: the latest in mobile money
- Roundtable Presentations
- Skills-building Workshop: Facilitating Multi-Stakeholder Dialogue
- Pushing the Envelope: Innovative Approaches in Global Health
- Application demos and poster session: Try out CommCare with Pathfinder on December 10th at 11:45 am and 4:30pm!
And stop by the ICT4D Happy Hour! A group of us will be getting together for some drinks and conversation Wednesday, December 10th at 8:30 pm at Harrington’s Pub & Kitchen. Can RSVP here, or just stop by.
If you are attending the Global mHealth Forum and would like to connect with our team, please email Gillian Javetski at email@example.com.