It’s been a long time since we’ve made an announcement, but we’ve been busy. Below are the latest updates you can find on CommCare HQ. We hope you find these changes useful!
We are very excited to announce the beta release of CloudCare – our CommCare client for the web. CloudCare gives you all of the data collection and case management functionality of CommCare mobile, but optimized and designed specifically for the web. You can now use CloudCare to have your workforce do direct data entry in their web browsers. Read more on getting setup and the known limitations on our wiki.
HQ Reports have a couple new improvements: Each report should now be more responsive in situations where the Internet connection is not ideal. We have added a proper loading indicator while loading the report data, and the report now loads faster when you update the filters. All the “Monitor Workers” reports can now be exported to Excel, providing additional ways for you to analyze CommCare data.
For those of you already using CommCare 2.0, we’ve added Child Cases to the app builder on CommCare HQ, which can be used to form mother-child relationships. This means you can open a case into another module (e.g. if you want the “birth” form in the Pregnancy module to open a “child” case in the Child module). As of now they cannot access each other’s case properties, though we will be working on that functionality. To check it out, view the Case Configuration for a form in your 2.0 app, and click “Opens a case for a different case list”. We hope you enjoy this long awaited feature!
We’ve also been making a series of fixes to our form designer, also known as Vellum. Here are some of the things that have been fixed recently:
– Fix bug that showed stale warnings in your logic expressions
– Show all logic warnings in the form instead of just the first one.
– Default logic properties section to being visible.
– Will no longer add your data nodes inside groups and repeats, always sticks them at the end of the form.
– Will now update logic expressions when moving questions in and out of groups and repeats
– Disabled multiple images/audio prompts for a single question.
The CommCare HQ team