Dimagi is an award-winning software social enterprise that develops technology for low-resource settings. Dimagi operates on the belief that enabling high-quality mobile technology can impact millions of people by transforming organizations’ ability to deliver high-value services. Active in 60+ countries, Dimagi’s software platform CommCare and services have supported 500+ projects and hundreds of diverse partners, including governmental ministries, the United Nations, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Google, Microsoft, Harvard, and many others. Our 100+ person team is based in offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts (HQ), New Delhi, Cape Town, and Dakar, with additional staff around the world. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation, reflecting our commitment to making an impact.
About the Sales Development Representative role
We’re excited to announce that we are seeking a Sales Development Representative (SDR). Working closely with our sales, marketing, & product teams, the SDR will help grow the number of people using our social enterprise’s software, with the goal of increasing impact worldwide.In this role, the Sales Development Representative (SDR) will engage users and prospective customers all while building our inbound sales revenue pipeline. The SDR will be trained on all aspects of our sales process and Dimagi’s social impact industry. We are seeking someone who is highly organized, exudes a positive attitude, knows how to hustle, and is driven by a desire to be successful.
- Own and execute the Sales Development efforts in the lead qualifying stage of the process, including: schedule meetings/calls and create revenue opportunities for Account Executives, gather user learnings, proactively identify ways to improve the qualifying part of the Sales process to maximize the revenue pipeline
- Qualify Inbound Leads, as well as prospect into ideal prospective companies
- Invest time corresponding and engaging with senior leaders of large businesses – on the phone, by email, via WebEx, and through social media outreach
- Evangelize Dimagi brand and offering, and educate prospects on best practices we’re seeing in the marketplace
- Manage and monitor work using Salesforce and other sales tools and technologies
- Report to the Growth team on key outcomes and learning
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in a related discipline (communications, business, marketing, etc.)
- 1-3 years of sales development experience – ideally in a SaaS (Software As A Service) environment. Understanding of software or tech industry is a plus.
- Diligent reporting skills with an appreciation for being both data-driven and results-driven.
- Someone who is independent, organized, and has strong time management skills
- Outstanding communication and listening skills, including the ability to give presentations with senior professionals
- Independent, persistent, highly motivated to increase earnings
- A “people person” who is energized by connecting with people – including being comfortable reaching out to new leads
- Curious, ability and willingness to learn, to react to and share lessons learned across the organization.
- Fluent in English. Fluent in French (or another second language) is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship.
As a member of Dimagi, you will have a chance to join one of the fastest growing social enterprises, and learn about the world of technology in international development. You’ll be able to take advantage of Dimagi’s generous benefits – including a competitive vacation policy, excellent health insurance and retirement policy, the ability to work remotely, and the opportunity to travel internationally to one of our country offices.
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. All applications will be reviewed at once the week of December 12th, and all applicants will promptly be notified about next steps. We look forward to learning about you!