Dimagi is an award-winning software social enterprise that develops technology for low-resource settings. Dimagi operates on the belief that enabling high-quality mobile technology can impact millions of people by transforming organizations’ ability to deliver high-value services. Active in 60+ countries, Dimagi’s software platform CommCare and services have supported 500+ projects and hundreds of diverse partners, including governmental ministries, the United Nations, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Google, Microsoft, Harvard, and many others. Our 100+ person team is based in offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts (HQ), New Delhi, Cape Town, and Dakar, with additional staff around the world. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation, reflecting our commitment to making an impact.
About the Marketing & Communications Analyst role
Dimagi is excited to announce that we are seeking a Communication & Marketing Analyst to join our social enterprise’s growing sales and marketing team! The analyst will support the execution of Dimagi’s internal and external communications and marketing strategy.
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop strategic communications content, including white papers, press releases, blogs, presentations, case studies, etc, with limited input.
- Collaborate with our knowledge team to improve learning resources for our users, including improving online courses and support websites.
- Work directly with Dimagi’s executive team to craft important presentations, including for company-wide meetings and conferences
- Execute and manage Dimagi’s blog and social media activities
- Develop key visual design outputs – including infographics, updating our PowerPoint external presentations, etc.
- Provide support in running important internal meetings, including our monthly company-wide meeting
- Be point on managing incoming internal communications requests, such as updating the website, summarizing areas of expertise, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Journalism, or a relevant field
- 1-2 years of job experience doing marketing and/or communications work (including internships)
- Superb written skills, and the ability to write quickly and under tight deadlines
- Superior knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with visual and graphic design, including ability to use tools like InDesign, PhotoShop, and PowerPoint to visually communicate ideas
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills, including the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple requests at one time
- Be a natural communicator, and comfortable public speaking
- Curiosity, willingness to take initiative and bring forth new ideas
- Ability to work independently, and in a fast-moving work environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship.
- [Bonus] Experience using communications and marketing software such as WordPress and HubSpot
- [Bonus] Speak and write either Spanish, French, and/or Hindi at a professional level or above
As a member of Dimagi, you will have a chance to join one of the fastest growing social enterprises, and learn about the world of technology in international development. You’ll be able to take advantage of Dimagi’s generous benefits – including a competitive vacation policy, excellent health insurance and retirement policy, and the ability to work remotely. You will also have the opportunity to travel internationally to one of our country offices (Senegal, South Africa, India) for an extended period of time to support communications efforts and be exposed to our field work.
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, a writing sample, and a visual design example (a PowerPoint, infographic, or image that you made) to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be reviewed at the same time the week of December 12th, and all applicants will promptly be notified about next steps. We look forward to learning about you!