Dimagi is an award-winning software social enterprise that develops technology for low-resource settings. Dimagi operates on the belief that enabling high-quality mobile technology can impact millions of people by transforming organizations’ ability to deliver high-value services. Active in 60+ countries, Dimagi’s software platform CommCare and services have supported 500+ projects and hundreds of diverse partners, including governmental ministries, the United Nations, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, Google, Microsoft, Harvard, and many others. Our 100+ person team is based in offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts (HQ), New Delhi, Cape Town, and Dakar, with additional staff around the world. Dimagi is a recognized social enterprise and certified Benefit Corporation, reflecting our commitment to making an impact.
About the Global Services Internship
Dimagi is excited to announce that we are seeking a Global Services (GS) Intern to join our social enterprise’s growing Global Services team at HQ for Summer 2017! Dimagi’s Field Managers and GS team are the main drivers of implementing our technology all over the world. They share a passion for challenging experiences, making things work in trying environments, and developing solutions that enable people to live healthier and more productive lives. You will join our global team of Field Managers and share lessons learned and expertise from around the world. You will receive regular mentorship and support from our office in Cambridge. The intern will support the execution of Dimagi’s internal and external tasks for the GS.
Areas of Responsibility
- mHealth project support
- Technical needs assessment of a wide range of social sector programs
- Design and development mobile technology systems using Dimagi’s flagship mobile application platform, CommCare
- Technical documentation as well as the development of visual learning aids
- Provide programmatic support and monitoring of project activity
- Test applications and lead application QA process
- Provide support on developing our learning center, Dimagi Academy
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Superb written skills, and the ability to write quickly and under tight deadlines
- Reliable, self-directed, and resourceful
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills, including the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple requests at one time
- Curiosity, willingness to take initiative and bring forth new ideas
- Ability to work independently, and in a fast-moving work environment
- Must be eligible to work in the United States independent of company sponsorship.
- [Bonus] Pursuing a degree in Public Health or Development
- [Bonus] Speak and write either Spanish, French, and/or Haitian Creole
- [Bonus] Experience working in the health sector
- [Bonus] Experience working abroad
- [Bonus] 1-2 years of work experience
- [Bonus] Comfort with mathematics, statistics, or data management
- [Bonus] Desire to make a social impact
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that for this recruitment cycle, all applications will be reviewed beginning the first week of January, and the application hard deadline is January 7th.. Upon emailing in the above materials, all applicants will be notified about next steps. We look forward to learning about you!